Koney, Satish wrote:

The problem with the AdminClient is that it is not showing any useful
message if it is invoked without any parameters.

This is the message that is displayed.

INFO: Usage:  AdminClient xml-files | list

But when I decompiled the AdminClient file I found that it is using command line arguments. The command line args are passed to constructor of Options class.

but there is no help on the usage of AdminClient with command line args..

That's odd.  When I invoke AdminClient without any parameters I get:

Usage:  AdminClient [Options] [list | <deployment-descriptor-files>]

Processes a set of administration commands.

The following Options are available:

-l<url> sets the AxisServlet URL
-h<hostName sets the AxisServlet host
-p<portNumber> sets the AxisServlet port
-s<servletPath> sets the path to the AxisServlet
-f<fileName> specifies that a simple file protocol should be used
-u<username> sets the username
-w<password> sets the password
-d sets the debug flag (for instance, -ddd would set it to 3)
-t<name> sets the transport chain touse

Commands:

   list            will list the currently deployed services
   quit            will send a quit message to SimpleAxisServer
   passwd          value changes the admin password

Deployment Descriptor files:

<deployment-descriptor-files> deploys or undeploys Axis components and
web services described in these files

If -l or -h -p -s are not set, the AdminClient will invoke
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet