I submitted many patches. They are important for my business because without
having them applied I will have to say to my customers that they will have to
used our patched Axis version because the official Axis doesn't have full time
developer taking care of it and the volunteer are quite busy.

If I take a look at the recent updated issues in Jira we can say that Davanum
Srinivas is the most active, working between 3 to 4 hours a week, normally the
Monday morning. The others contributors are so rarely involve that it's not
worth mentioning.

I don't have much experience with open source but I'm still convince that Axis
activities are below an acceptable threshold that permit to stay up-to-date and
keep the pace with the community.