> Is it possible to get and set cookies on the HTTP transport from the
> *client* side of Axis?

I tried using the MessageContext to get the HttpRequest object, and
then set cookies there, but it seemed that when doing this from the
AXIS client side, when the HTTP message got to the receiver, my
cookies had been clobbered.

I know this isnt an affirmation, but a warning about cookies and
inconsistency.  I think it may be an easier thing to utilize the
standard AXIS APIs to transfer data about the client to the server.
For example, there is a way to set the username and password for
authentication.

What data are you trying to hold onto that SOAP/AXIS doesnt handle natively?