I would like to invoke a web service (reciding on the internet somewhere) from
my java program. The web service is produced by the wasp platform.
Can I invoke a web service using AXIS without installing or using an AXIS
application server?

What I would like to do is this:

1. Save the WSDL of the service to a file
2. Give the file to my java program
3. The java program invokes the service

Of course even if I don't want the java program to use an installed AXIS
application server, I realize that I will need some axis jar files. Which fiels
would that be? Is there an installation instruction on how to make a minimal
AXIS installation for the client side?

In other words, I will want to invoke my java program in my own fashion, only
pointing to the axis-jar-files rather than needing to install the whole AXIS
application servier on every cpmuter where I will run the java program.

Any thoughts?

mvh,
Markus