Axis throws a fault about incompatible types when passed in an anyType for a
base64, at least in Axis 1.1. We're supplied a WSDL to follow, but when I
queried the WSDL's of the service consuming my service, who also provides the
same service to others, I found that there were small inconsistencies riddled
throughout the two implementations.

My only complaint with Axis would be the Axis fault which said "Incompatilbye
type 'B[."' That last part doesn't make much sense. It should have said
something like "Axis was passed incompatible type x for y when it expected z."
-- Andy

ANDREW MICONE wrote:

>Another lesson learned today: "never trust a client to query your WSDL  before
>calling you, send the right data types, or even follow the WSDL pattern they
>supplied you and claim to consume."
>
>That was my last problem, the client had arbitrarily changed their
>xsd:Base64Binary element to an xsd:AnyType. Jeesh. -- Andy

What happened?

--
Lyndon Tiu