Jairam, Roopnaraine wrote:

Does anyone know how to do this???

*From:* Jairam, Roopnaraine
*Sent:* Thursday, December 09, 2004 10:30 AM
*To:* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Subject:* data validation

Hi:

Is there a way for axis to validate data before it is sent to the web service. Basically the data the client sends should not be null. When it comes to my web service all the required parameters should not be null. E.g. if the client is supposed to send a struct that identifies a client e.g. first name, last name, address1, address2, city,state,zip1,zip2. All the members of the struct can’t be null except for address2 & zip2. Is there a way to do this?

I think the best way would be to set your web service code to check for nulls in the passed-in arguments, then perhaps throw a custom exception if nulls are found.

--
Lyndon Tiu