As i already said before, i'm not a soap expert, not at all.
Nevertheless, i think generating wsdl files from existing java code is an
easy way : wsdl syntax is not so friendly.
I known such a comparison is not always welcome : with CORBA we all first
write the services interface, using IDL, before code generation. But, from
my point of view, IDL is quite more easy to write than wsdl !
I agree with you about interoperability. In this domain, i'd like to have
actual feedback from real projects. I really think all these web services
miracle appear a bit confusing, just as wsdl syntax !
Your suggestion about alternative methods and tools to mkae wsdl first are
welcome...
Regards.
Philippe Maseres

<<<Philippe>>> -----Message d'origine-----
<<<Philippe>>> De : Michael Schuerig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<<<Philippe>>> Envoyé : lundi 20 décembre 2004 21:32
<<<Philippe>>> À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<<<Philippe>>> Objet : Re: java2wsdl ant task for document/literal
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>> One thing that didn't become clear for me during
<<<Philippe>>> this thread is why
<<<Philippe>>> people are using java2wsdl at all. When I started
<<<Philippe>>> with Axis and web
<<<Philippe>>> services, I, too, had the idea of making Axis
<<<Philippe>>> generate the "right" WSDL
<<<Philippe>>> for me automagically. I've given up on this idea
<<<Philippe>>> since. I don't object
<<<Philippe>>> to generating wsdl from a programming language in
<<<Philippe>>> general, but to my
<<<Philippe>>> mind, in cases where interoperability is of supreme
<<<Philippe>>> importance, a WSDL
<<<Philippe>>> definition is the starting point. [1]
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>> The mapping between Java and WSDL involves some loss
<<<Philippe>>> in either
<<<Philippe>>> direction; the two languages are different in
<<<Philippe>>> expressiveness and in
<<<Philippe>>> what they emphasize. In particular, I wouldn't
<<<Philippe>>> expect roundtrip mapping
<<<Philippe>>> to give sensible results.
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>> Michael
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>>
<<<Philippe>>> [1]
<<<Philippe>>> http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2003/07/22/wsdlfirst.html
<<<Philippe>>> --
<<<Philippe>>> Michael Schuerig                           The more
<<<Philippe>>> it stays the same,
<<<Philippe>>> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<<<Philippe>>> The less it changes!
<<<Philippe>>> http://www.schuerig.de/michael/      --Spinal Tap,