When setting the scope of my service to application, the client side will run out of memory after 5-10 thousand hits. The service object on the server side is thread safe and works with both application and request scope. The server does not have any leak.

The reason I change it to application scope is that it performs somewhat better this way. Anyway, do I have to do anything special on the clientside to clean this memory up, or it's a bug in Axis? If it's a bug in Axis, it should be fixed before the release, because this is a huge leak and will bring any serious application down.