I hope that possibility of cancellation will be included in some next
release. At this time, I probably switch back to Apache XML-RPC, which
I was using. It is old and probably unsupported, but I am able to
modify it. Apache Axis is far too complicated for me to modify
(patch). I'm reading lots of code and text and still don't really know
how it is really working :)

I cannot use the AsyncCall you mentioned, I solved the problem with
blocking call by moving the call.invoke to my new thread. And I can
let it go on the background and ignore the result. The main problem is
that if I let it go, the unneeded result is still coming (even I don't
need it). Just imagine that this result is very big (~4MB) and it's
lot of lost bandwith to let it flow to me and than ignore it. Yes, I
know that it's little stupid to send megabytes of uncompressed data
using SOAP. But it's the situation and I can't do anything with it. I
just have to write the client part and get it working.

Petr