Never used Laszlo before but it sounds like both laszlo and struts are libraries for building your presentation layer.  Thus, you should use one of them, not both.  Why are you talking about struts?

Abdullah Jibaly wrote:
Bill,

Thanks for the input. However, my presentation layer
is going to be Laszlo, and I want to communicate with
the business layer using axis. That's why I can't get
to struts, axis will be processing the request first.

Thanks,
Abdullah

--- Bill Keese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Abdullah Jibaly wrote:

I want my view layer to communicate with
the business layer using web services ... I
can't use a standard MVC framework like struts

since

the request is sent to AxisServlet, right?

As far as I understand, people usually talk about
separating the
"presentation layer" and the "business layer",
rather than separating
the "view layer" from the "business layer". So, it
sounds like you
should write the presentation layer (model, view,
and controller) in
struts, but the struts Actions should call the
"business layer" via web
services.  IE, the parts relating to displaying web
pages and to web
page flow should be in struts, and the Business
layer contains "support"
functions like "addEmployee()".

What do you think?

Bill