Hello all,

It's almost a full year since I released AxKit::XSP::Session, and have learned a great deal about making XSP taglibs since then. I was working on a project that, due to some technical issues beyond my control, no longer needed sessions, and therefore I didn't have the time to maintain my codebase.

This weekend, I took it upon myself to finally fix my ailing code (mainly because I needed to use sessions for a new project ;-)

I tried using Jörg's session taglib, but couldn't get it to work for my project. His taglib module seemed a bit overkill for what I wanted to do, so I threw my broken XSP taglib out the window and rewrote it using TaglibHelper. As far as my testing has gone, I believe to have ironed out the big bugs.

Another thing I set out to fix was the namespace conflict between Jörg's and my module, both of them trying to use the same package name and URI. I therefore renamed AxKit::XSP::Session to AxKit::XSP::BasicSession, since it does very little compared to the new A:X:Session package. The URI has also changed to http://www.axkit.org/2002/XSP/BasicSession, since I'm not 100% compliant with the Cocoon2 specification.

You can download the new module at :

http://nachbaur.com/resources/axkit/AxKit-XSP-BasicSession-0.12.tar.gz

If some of you would be willing to try it out and give me some feedback, before I submit this to CPAN, I'd appreciate it. Particularly, I'd like comments on my changes to the namespace and package names.

Cheers!

--

-man
Michael A Nachbaur

PGP Public Key at http://www.nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = 83DC 7C3A 3084 6A21 9A3F 801E D974 AFB4 BFD7 2B6F