Eddie Roosenmaallen wrote:
From reading the documentation on AxKit and XSP, it seems that XML namespaces are a must for making full use of AxKit.
Yes, in fact they are a must for anything XML. Imho the fact that namespace-less XML is even possible is a bug, as I have yet to find one single occasion on which I've bumped into a namespace-less vocabulary that didn't cause me to be limited in some way down the line. Such vocabularies encourage very poor coding standards and render eXtensibility impossible, which is kind of a pity since that's what the X stands for.
EORANT

Problem is, I've been totally unable to find any documentation on namespaces.
Err, Google has tons... A selection of the first results that should prove sufficient:

http://www.jclark.com/xml/xmlns.htm
http://www.xml.com/pub/1999/01/namespaces.html
http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/NamespacesFAQ.htm

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on using and writing XML namespaces, or at least give me a quick run-down on how they are built, and the internal structure (if any) of a namespace?
10% of the problems with namespaces stem from the fact that they don't default the same way for elements (they default), attributes (they don't default), and QNames-in-content (depends on which spec you're reading -- it's a complete mess).

90% are due to the user expecting more from them than they do. They don't have structure. They don't point to anything. They don't "import" child elements or attributes. They don't define a schema. They're simple, and stupid.

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway http://expway.fr/