I'm having trouble getting namespaces to work in a pipeline with PIs. it works in a test but doesn't work with these files. I have a largish xslt rng2mid.xsl that contains this amongst many other templates:

<xsl:template match="text">
<form_textarea xmlns="mynms">
FOOBAR
</form_textarea>
</xsl:template>

and then the next stylesheet (mid2html.xsl) in the pipeline is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="form_textarea" xmlns="mynms">
<b>SIMONHELLO</b>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*">
<xsl:copy-of select="."/>