On Saturday, Feb 15, 2003, at 19:50 Europe/London, S Woodside wrote:

Again, the difference seems moot so I'm confused about why the original didn't work.
I think the htaccess was fine. It was your XSLT. XSLT XPath matches don't take un-prefixed element names to mean "the default namespace or elements without a namespace" they only *ever* mean elements without a namespace. So in doing it with a prefix you got it to work.