Robert Ferney wrote:
Sorry for the mail spam yall.

No problem-- sorry you had to resort to such a one-sided conversation :-) Just to follow up, though: you're right, you should be using AxContentProvider instead of AxProvider. I'll post the details (that a crappy SMTP host precluded me from sending yesterday) below:

Providers come in two flavors: Content Providers for fetching source of the XML content to be transformed/delivered, and Style Providers for fetching the source of the stylesheets that will be applied during the various transformation steps. By default, the Provider::File class (that grabs data from files on disk) is used for both.

When overriding the default Provider you have a choice of three configuration directives to control behavior:

1) AxContentProvider <some::class> -- this sets the class that will be used to select the source XML (and dependencies) for the content associated w/ the current request.

2) AxStyleProvider <some::class> -- this sets the Provider class for the stylesheet documents (and dependencies) for the current set of transformations.

3) AxProvider <some::class> -- this sets *both* the Style Provider and Content Provider to the same class (meaning that the same class has to be prepared to return both the source content and the stylesheet content).

I suspect that your Edu::Provider::Student class is expecting to return only the content source (not the stylesheet source as well) so you should use the AxContentProvider directive instead of AxProvider.

Note that the reason you only see the error when an AxAddProcessor
directive is present is that, with that directive in place, plus the use
of AxProvider (rather than AxContentProvider) AxKit is trying to use
your Edu::Provider::Student to fetch the source for the given stylesheet
and by having a transforation defined you expose the fact that your
Provider was meant only to return the base content not the stylesheet data.

-kip