Hi Brian,

actually these "corrections" were not very useful, as the setup before already was correct (so I changed it back) and a bit more flexible. The configuration is also covered in INSTALL.txt from the AxKit-Distribution:

CONFIGURATION

In general you should read the AxKit Quick Start guide on
http://axkit.org/, but for the impatient, read on.

Once you have AxKit installed, you need to configure Apache to
associate XML files with AxKit.  In doing so, there are a few
considerations to make.  If your installation is only going to be
handling XML files (ex: no PHP or cgi requests) then it's safe to
include the following directives in your httpd.conf:

    # note the PerlModule line has to be *outside* any
    # <Files>, <Location>, <Directory> or <VirtualHost>
    # sections.
    PerlModule AxKit

SetHandler axkit

    AxCacheDir /tmp/axkit_cache/
    AxAddStyleMap text/xsl Apache::AxKit::Language::LibXSLT

If, however, you are using other content handler modules, such
as PHP or mod_cgi to send content to the browser, you will more
than likely want to use AddHandler:

PerlModule AxKit

    AddHandler axkit .xml
    AddHandler axkit .xsp

The fact that one migth want to use AxKit together with PHP and mod_cgi was why I decided to use the AddHandler-Directives. I have a running setup which actually uses the configuration which is in the wiki, so there is nothing wrong about it.

I can't verify that for Red Hat 8, as I have no test system at the moment, but as the essential parts are self-compiled I am quite sure AddHandler should work on Red Hat 8 as well (I have a running Red Hat 7 where the same configuration works as well).

So please try that considering the part from INSTALL.txt above.

Best Regards,

Benne