Well, thats really what providers are for. There is already a URL provider
that can grab data from a URL. Generally speaking it should be XML data,
though you can always right a provider that grabs a URL, munges whatever it
gets back into some form of XML, and then spits it out. Its pretty easy to
write providers too. The docs on them have a few rough edges, but mostly you
just need to implement one or two functions.

On Monday 06 October 2003 05:57 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, sorry for posting this twice eventually. I used the wrong
> email address, which is not registered on this list.
>
> Now to my question: Is it possible to read data from an external source
> to do further processing in AxKit? Could be for example an RSS file
> from slashdot.org or any XML-file from a Domino server or whatever.
> Cocoon provides such a facility by using:
> <map:generate
> src="http://server/database.nsf/XML/blabla.rss?OpenPage"/>
>
> Is there something similar in AxKit?
>
> Thanks,