On Monday, 06. October 2003 12:26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, sorry for posting this twice eventually. I used the wrong
> email address, which is not registered on this list.
>
> Now to my question: Is it possible to read data from an external source
> to do further processing in AxKit? Could be for example an RSS file
> from slashdot.org or any XML-file from a Domino server or whatever.
> Cocoon provides such a facility by using:
> <map:generate
> src="http://server/database.nsf/XML/blabla.rss?OpenPage"/>
>
> Is there something similar in AxKit?

I don't know what exactly you have in mind, but it sounds like a job for good
old XInclude. Basically it goes like: <xi:include
href="http://server/xml-file"/>, but see the AxKit Quick Reference Card for
details - http://axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/XMLReferenceCard
XInclude also gives you the ability to select a subset of that document using
XPointer (which is similar to XPath and also explained on the quickref page)

--
CU
  Joerg

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94