On Wednesday 24 December 2003 2:09 pm, Yair Lenga wrote:

> Follow up questions:
>
> My ultimate goal is to allow web site designers to use custom tags that I
> will be developing - without exposing them to perl (similar to the JSTL
> taglib concept). Is there a way to make axKit less strict and allow it to
> process files which are not fully XML compliant. Any other solutions that I
> can use ?

Well... LibXML CAN parse HTML, so if the 1st processor in your pipeline were
to use LibXML in 'HTML mode' to do the parsing, then you would be able to
deal with HTML. It should require only a minimal patch.

Tolerant processing of other broken XML is going to mean writing SOME sort of
parser for it, or finding one someplace. Probably the best bet would be to
write a provider that reads broken XML and writes 'fixed' XML, then the rest
of the system should work fine as-is. That would work for HTML as well of
course.

> Thanks in advance,
> Yair Lenga

Tod Harter