After an interminable duration of time, during which Callisto development languished, I've finally bitten the bullet and released 1.0 of Callisto. I was tired of sticking around with release candidates that were, for all intents and purposes, official releases, so I decided to call a spade a spade and release 1.0.

This release fixes a few show-stopper bugs that were fixed in CVS, improves the installation process significantly, and adds FTP-only deployment (which in itself simplifies installation). There are still many changes yet to come in the deployment area, but those are primarily in the realm of intelligent-agent deployment across a parallel server farm. If you only need to deploy to a single server with FTP, what is in there now should suffice perfectly.

Other notable changes to this release is the addition of image support in documents. You can insert an image just like you would a paragraph or a list. There are some neat properties of this feature, most notably being the automatic thumbnail preview when choosing an image. This is another area that will be seeing some improvements over the next few weeks, with the addition of file-browsing for inserting images and links and uploading of files (images, PDFs, etc) coming soon.

Though this is a 1.0, I have plenty planned and I hope to follow the Open Source philosophy of "Release Early, Release Often".

If you'd like to try the online demo of Callisto, go to http://www.callistocms.com/demo.xml and try both the Editing and Production views, to see how the same site is presented in both environments. You can download the latest version of Callisto at http://sourceforge.net/projects/callistocms

--
/* Michael A. Nachbaur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc