Dear all,

There is an abundance of XSLT resources on the net and in books that
discuss the details of XSLT, but yet, I feel I'm struggling to get
things right...

The details, I think, is mostly okay, but design strategy, or whatever
one would like to call it, that's where I really have no grasp at all.

I have data flowing from several different sources: The same document
fragment may come from a Provider, or from some XSP. Also, my basic
idea is that many things should be included by XSLT. For example, I
have had the idea that stuff that are common for for the entire site,
such as headers, menus and the like, should be imported by an XSLT by
for example an axkit: URI. Also, since my own language is spoken by
only 4 millon people, I'm going multi-lingual from the start, and I
figured I want a separate page with phrases, so that languages can be
added by simply have someone translate a single file.

With AxKit's pipeline architecture, it feels natural to have several
stylesheets doing different operations, one adds headers and menus, one
adds phrases, one transforms to XHTML, RDF or whatever.

But that implies that a stylesheet would have to let some parts of the
markup "pass through" unaltered, and then, in what sequence should they
be loaded? Should each part be transformed to HTML first, and then
combined, or combined and transformed last...? That's one of the things
that are going through my mind right now...

Perhaps using XSLT's own import functions would be more appropriate?

I feel I can't get a good grasp of the difficulties each approach
involves, and when I try one, I always bang my head against something
sooner or later...

So, how do you folks designing this stuff, and do you know some good
resources that deals with things like this rather than the details?

Perhaps the [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be a better place to
discuss this, but I feel that people here are always so nice and
helpful, and besides, it is in connection with AxKit that I'm
wondering.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]