--On Monday, March 22, 2004 12:58 PM -0600 Lance Albertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there something in axkit we need to add/change or do we just have to
deal with this? If you view the source, the xml is indeed intact, but the
browser complains (I'm using Firefox). It does a similar thing on IE as
well.

Your browser is attempting to render the stylesheet for you. This is the drawback of using processing instructions, if the browser gets ahold of the raw XML, it may still try to apply the stylesheet for you. If your server was returning the correct mime type for the stylesheet, your browser would have rendered the page for you, and you would have likely thought that
the PassThru plugin wasn't working.

Your options are:
- Stop using processing instructions, use AxKit specific ways to determine
 what stylesheet to use.
- Use a browser that doesn't apply stylesheets, such as Lynx.
- Expect this behavior, and use View Source.
- Enable axkit trace output, and just use that for your debugging.

-David Nolan
Network Software Developer
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University