I have a custom Provider that calls code to generate both the XML content and the XSL with which to style it. Both document trees are built with XML::LibXML, so I therefore have XML::LibXML::Document objects containing XML::LibXML::Element objects.

I am looking for the fastest way to provide this data. The only approach I have come up with calls toString() on each document to serve it up in get_strref(). This seems wrong to me, because I suspect that Axkit will parse this string back into an XML::LibXML::Document object.

Is there a way of passing the document reference directly?

Thanks,
/dave