On 1 Jun 2004, at 14:38, Jimmy Petersen wrote:

Jan Bauer Nielsen wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to write a taglib in which records are returned to me as xml strings

One would think that the XML::LibXML::Element function 'appendWellBalancedChunk' would do the trick. However since this is only there for compatibility reasons and really just parses the string and appends the resulting fragment to the element you want it appended to, I would think that there is no way of inserting a well-balanced XML string without LibXML parsing the hell out of it :-). Of course I could be wrong...

The beauty is that libxml's parsing is so fast that you get less overhead appending an XML string than you do constructing DOM elements.

I use TLH's ability to add an XML string (via the Utils taglib) in MessageLabs spam quarantine system (serving millions of requests a day), and it's very fast and works a charm.

Matt.