I have created a custom Axkit Provider and I am having problems processing parameters when the form method is POST. However I have no problems when the form method is GET. I was wondering/hoping if anyone could provide any suggestions or feedback. I can use the GET method, but the browsers 'location' looks cleaner when using the POST method.

Below is my httpd.conf and provider.

Thanks in advance,
Tim Hibbard

httpd.conf
PerlModule AxKit
PerlModule Apache::Reload
PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload
PerlRequire /usr/local/apache_axkit/modules/startup.pl

<Directory /usr/local/apache_axkit/htdocs/secure>
   AuthName "OAK"
   AuthType Basic
   PerlAuthenHandler LEO::Security
   require valid-user

   SetHandler AxKit
   AxDebugLevel 10

   AxAddStyleMap text/xsl Apache::AxKit::Language::LibXSLT
   AxAddPlugin Apache::AxKit::Plugin::Passthru
   AxAddPlugin Apache::AxKit::Plugin::AddXSLParams::Request
   PerlSetVar AxAddXSLParamGroups "Request-Common"

   AxContentProvider LEO
   AllowOverride None

   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

package LEO;
use strict;
use Apache::Request;
use Apache::AxKit::Provider;

use vars qw(@ISA);
@ISA = qw(Apache::AxKit::Provider);

sub process {
   my $self = shift;
   my $r = $self->apache_request;

   #PROCESS THE URI
   my $uri = $r->uri;
   my ($null,$secure,$application,$function,$unique_id) = split("/",$uri);

   if ($application eq "award_letter"){
       if ($function eq "admin_query"){
           my $apr  = Apache::Request->new($r);
           my $project_number = $apr->param("project_number");
           #IF FORM METHOD IS GET THEN THERE IS A PROJECT NUMBER
           #IF FORM METHOD IS POST, NO PROJECT NUMBER
       }
   }
   #MORE ACTIONS ......
}
sub get_strref {
   my $self = shift;
   # just pass a reference to the content
   # generated in process() and stored in $self->{_XML_}
   return \$self->{_XML_};
}

sub get_styles {
   my $self = shift;
   my ($pref_media, $pref_style) = @_;
   my $stylesheet = "/stylesheets/award_letter.xsl";
   my @styles = (
       { type => 'text/xsl', href => $stylesheet },
   );
   return [EMAIL PROTECTED];
}
sub key {
   my $self = shift;
   my $r = $self->apache_request;
   return $r->uri;
}
sub exists {
   return 1;
}
sub mtime {
   return time(); # content is dynamic, hence always fresh
}
1;

--

Tim Hibbard
Software Engineer for

Linux should not be used by those under the influence of MicroSoft.
May cause dizziness or vertigo. Consult your tech support before
using Linux. (note--after using Linux, you may notice extreme
discomfort when using MicroSoft. Discontinue use of MicroSoft.)