Hmm,

found out that if I move the new call outside the eval block things start working again. This poses a problem if the new call itself can throw an exception though.

my $history = new Find::Repository::SearchHistory();

eval {
my $cfg = Apache::ModuleConfig->get(AxKit::Apache->request(), "Find::Setup");

Jan

Jan Bauer Nielsen wrote:
Naturally I tried putting the SIG{__DIE__} statement AFTER the new call as well.

Still stuck though.

Jan

Jan Bauer Nielsen wrote:

Hi Matt.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have tried to narrow the problem down even further.

die "DEBUG";
my $history = new Find::Repository::SearchHistory();

works as expected.

my $history = new Find::Repository::SearchHistory();
die "DEBUG";

and no exception is caught. The SearchHistory module only has a single use DBI(); clause, so I am venturing a guess that it is a problem with the TaglibHelper/DBI combination, since I know for a fact that the SearchHistory module worked before I converted to TaglibHelper.

I tried putting a local $SIG{__DIE__} = 'DEFAULT'; statement before the new call, but it made no change.

Jan