Tod Harter wrote:
On Tuesday 11 January 2005 08:15 pm, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

Without delving into the docs to get specific I'm pretty sure you can manage all this in SimpleTagLib since it allows you to define the code which your tags actually emit. TagLibHelper based taglibs would probably not really be able to do it efficiently, though its certainly possible to concoct something that would work.

To be honest, I was avoiding SimpleTaglib for a few, maybe not so good reasons. First, I'm stuck on AxKit 1.61 at the moment, and can't get 1.62 compiled on win32. I figured that I wanted to just stick with a home grown raw taglib for now until I can upgrade to 1.62 and see how the code migrates, and then make 1.62 a Makefile.PL requirement.

Second, loading SimpleTaglib in my test site under -wT is choking up a few warnings. I wanted to avoid debugging anything else at the moment or than my taglib spitting out code. I could fix and patch SimpleTaglib, or upgrade it to the 1.62 version, but that's asking for trouble rather than sticking with the stock 1.61 codebase.

Like I said, they may not be the best reasons. I haven't really gotten back to tinkering with it just yet, but I imagine I'm still stuck on the same problem; how to now if a child tag is there before it's start event happens.

Thanks,
-=Chris