I'm not entirely sure if this is the right list to send to, but since
the devel list only is for the core devels I'll try here first.
I'm starting on writing a webapp, and it'd be rather nifty indeed to be
able to use AxKit for this as taglibs and such would make my life a lot
less painful and rather more productive.
However, I'll need to squeeze every last inch of performance out of my
application, and seeing how taglibs work by returning perl code to be
evaled, I'm not terribly optimistic about performance under heavy
loads...
Still, I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty, so the following
occured to me: maybe it would be possible to alter the inner workings of
the taglibs so that instead of evaling code all the time, I could use
something like callbacks (function references)?
Does anyone on this list have enough knowledge about the AxKit guts to
know if such a conversion would be possible?

Thank you in advance,
Arne
:wq