On Friday, 15. September 2006 00:42, Lars Skjærlund wrote:

> You go to a customer's place. They've asked you to create a new
> plugin/transform set based on an extract from some database. You create
> a taglib, and then you have to create the stylesheet for the printout.
> The customer has very definite requirements and you have to test and
> test and test. Unfortunately, this is a small customer with only a
> single AxKit server and no economy for creating a test environment - and
> you cannot test at home as you don't have access to the database in
> question.

There is always enough economy for a test environment with AxKit2, because it
is so lightweight. Imagine we had that "developer_support" plugin I envision,
and Matt's cmd_reload console command.

Two instances of AxKit would run off the same file tree, but only the test
server would pickup changes automatically (because of the
hypothetical "developer_support" plugin). When tests show you can activate
the current set of changes, reload all relevant data in the main server
through the console without restart. No need to have continuous dependency
tracking on the production server, while having full development comfort.

--
CU
Joerg