On Jul 7, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Diego Moya <turi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you've just described the rationale for the new Ubuntu panel menus
> (Sound-, Network-, Me-menus). So what you're suggesting would be akin to
> dismiss the windicator idea and have all windows notifications centralized in
> standardized panel menus?

I don't propose that we should completely ditch windicators, but I guess you
could say that I propose that windows show statuses related to them in the
titlebar, alongside the panel menu notifications.

I think having windicators is a good idea, but they should be standardized, not
used unnecessarily and inconsistently.