Fantastic mockup Michael.  :)  I can only echo the kudos being given by the
others.

One question:  In this scenario of "expose mode, maximized window, and
nothing else", how will smaller windowed applicatoins like the Calculator be
handled?  In Meerkat I notice that the Calculator cannot even be maximized,
and no doubt it would look rather strange when maximized.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming!

Sohail Mirza

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Michael Jonker <citizen.jon...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  I have put up an interactive mock up of some of the ways I feel Unity
> can evolve here:
>
> http://www.reviveyourpc.ie/unity/welcome.html
>
> Give each screen a bit of time to cache - it is just linked html.
>
> The key features are:
>
>       * Fully navigable by mousepad tap (therefore screen touch)
>       * Desktop is utilised productively
>       * Only two modes - 1)Application open  2)System GUI root and
>         quickaccess exposed.
>       * Apps get maximum real estate
>
> For the mock up - in application mode - switching is done by clicking on
> the Ubuntu logo @ top left. This could be a mouse gesture or hover-over
> in reality. On touch it could be a shake of the device optional to
> touching the logo.
>
> If anybody wants to tinker, I have put the Gimp file for the screens here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1306731/Unity.xcf
>
> Michael

sfm