  From: Theresa Entin
  To: Azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 9:29 AM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Azorean Customs/ Jewelry

  Re: Figa

  I have a charm bracelet from the 1930's -1950's of my Jewish mother in laws.
It has a gold figa on it along with other things, like my father in laws
faternity pin, and a Jewish star.

  My Portuguese mother had one in her jewelery box, that I now have.  I
remember as a child seeing it in her drawer, but was not allowed to touch it.
It seemed to have some sort of a secretive meaning at that time.    Theresa