Hello,

No problem, I love reading these kinds of documents!!

Your question is a very good one; it could mean a disease, an epidemic,
around this time. But it is quite normal the high child mortality in this
period. Did you have a chance to check out the records of death in this
time? And see I f there is more than one death by "Household"? And if could
see the ratio of the age of these women, that loose the children. These
could be clues to finding the answer. For example, the mothers could be
awfully young.

Huma – Means one, but, the word lost the H, and Know a days its spelles uma.

We use it when he refers to a number of things, in the feminine.

Criança (the word is feminine) uma

Um  (autocarro)  the word (bus) is masculine

Does this make sense to you?

--
Iolanda Bettencourt Ávila