I'm wondering if da Carmo is a religious or secular name....I didn't find the
word in my dictionary?

Nancy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:05:33 -0400Subject:
[AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Names on RecordsTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED] a message dated
10/18/2008 4:50:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In reading the films of the Azores, I come across several women whohave as part
of their names "das Dores" or "do Carmo".Are these last names or are they
middle names as on records thefemales father's name is usually not given?They
are not last names but part of a given mame, i.e. Maria do Carmo Raposo, Maria
das Dores Raposo, Mary Jane