When you look at the Baptisms for the year of birth on the CCA site they'll say
exposta or exposto for the orphans. Perhaps you could look at those births for
his year....maybe glean something informative.
Good luck.....Nancy> Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:25:39 -0700> Subject:
[AZORES-Genealogy] great grandfather an orphan> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
Azores@googlegroups.com> > > Hi, I am a new member. I need help. I am
interested in researching> my azorean ancestry. I have many questions but I
will only ask a> few. Recently I have been told that my great grandfather was
an> orphan. And he didn't have a lastname so he took his wife's lastname>
daSilva. But we are not 100% sure. I am assuming he was born in> Terceira only
because his children were born there and his wife. But> again, not sure. My
question is would there be records on orphans> anywhere? If so, where can I go
to obtain these records? My other> question is how many cemeteries are there in
Terceira and Sao Miguel?> Thanks.> >