Cheri,

Can you help us navigate the CCA?  What will we find and where will we find it?

Diane
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cheri Mello
  To: Azores@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:10 AM
  Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: DeSousa Freitas/Selneira Borges

  Les L,

  Did your mother ever say what village/freguesia she was from on Sao Jorge?
You have to have that info in order to access the Portuguese records.

  The Sao Miguel "passaportes" (emigration out of the Azores) are online at the
Center for Knowledge of the Azores (we call it the CCA web site as the word
"knowledge" starts with a C in Portuguese).  However, there are gaps in the
records.  Unfortunately, 1909 is in one of the gaps :(   The web site is here
and must be accessed with Internet Explorer or Safari:
http://pg.azores.gov.pt/drac/cca/ig/  It is written in Portuguese at this time.

  Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, R. das Tainhas, Achada