Rick,

Well, my casanova ggrandfather had one child with his wife and 3
months later another child with another woman who is listed as
solteira.  In this case, it says pai incognito but he is named as the
grandfather in a later record.

Do you think the legitima is because he recognized the child as his
even though they were not married, but I would think legitima would be
if they were married??

Are you snowed in still?  My nephew recently moved to your neck of the
woods and I am not so sure, even though he came from MA, he was
prepared for all the snow you have.

"E"