hi pat,

i went to the library saturday - here's what i found

birth - noemina jesse - september 13, 1908 - child of frank and frances n silver

birth - ruth jessie - november 25, 1910 - child of frank and frances m.
silver from western islands

death - frances n. jesse - november 16, 1943 - 54-8-11 - cerebral hemmorhage -
daughter of manuel silvia and maria nunes

the death before hers is for a stillborn on the same day - was wondering if the
baby was hers since she died so young

marriage - frank jesse of plymouth and mary souza of stoughton - august 31, 1946

i couldn't find frank and frances marriage in plymouth but i did find this:

Jacinto Francisco Cambridge 1907 571 397 Marriage
Silva Francssea Cambridge 1907 571 397 Marriage
don't know if this one here is frances' arrival:

Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943
about Francisca Silva
Name:Francisca Silva
Arrival Date:2 Aug 1907
Age:27 years
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1880
Gender:Male
Ethnic Background:Portuguese
Port of Departure:St Michaels, Azores, Portugal
Ship Name:Canopic
Port of Arrival:Boston, Massachusetts
Friend's Name:Joseph H Silva
Last Residence:St George,Azr
Birthplace:Dena, St George,Azr
Microfilm Roll Number:111

 the island of st. george is near the island of pico

here is the info for the plymouth town hall:

Contact Laurence R. Pizer
Town Clerk
Address: 11 Lincoln Street

Plymouth, MA 02360
Phone: (508)747-1620 ext. 169
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm

Certified Copies of Vital Records
Printer-Friendly Version

 To order a birth certificate by mail, you must know if the parents of the
child on the certificate were married at the time of birth.

If they were married, send
• The child’s name and date of birth
• A check payable to Town of Plymouth for $10 times the number of certificates
• A stamped self-addressed envelope

If the parents were not married, only those persons whose names are on the
birth certificate may apply, and those persons must enclose a copy of a picture
id.

Only persons born in Plymouth or persons whose mother’s stated residence in
Plymouth on the birth certificate may apply for Plymouth birth certificates.

To order a marriage certificate by mail, you must know if the parents of both
spouses were married at the time of the birth of the spouses.

If they were married, send
• The name of one or two spouses on the certificate
• A check payable to Town of Plymouth for $10 times the number of certificates
• A stamped self-addressed envelope.

If the parents were not married, only those persons whose names are on the
birth certificate may apply, and those persons must enclose a copy of a picture
id.

Only couples who applied for their certificate in the Plymouth Town Clerk’s
Office may apply for Plymouth marriage certificates.

To order a death certificate by mail, send
• The name of the decedent
• A check payable to Town of Plymouth for $10 times the number of certificates
• A stamped self-addressed envelope.

Certified copies of death certificates are available only for persons who died
in Plymouth or whose residence was listed as Plymouth on the death certificate
if they died somewhere else in Massachusetts.

Certified copies are generally processed on the day they are received. For
faster return service enclose packaging and stamps for express mail or other
express service.

Certified copies for all vital records are available over the counter from 8:00
A.M. to 4:30 P.M. at the Town Clerk’s Office.

please let me know how you make out with this.

carmen