FRANCIS  could have originally been Francisco which is normally a first name
but can be a surname. BRIO has me stumped. There is a surname Brindeiro on
Flores but it is rather unlikely (but not impossible) that it would have
been shortened to Brio. I'll have to think about that some more.
John Vasconcelos