Hi Sam,
Thanks for the question. Having grown up in RI and surrounded by my
Portuguese family & friends, I thought checking out the 3 high
schools in Newport, RI would be another resource to find cousin
connections. I simply searched a few family names such as Machado,
Avila, Escobar & Vieira and sent emails. Pete responded and was quite
surprised when I told him how we connected. Having grown up on the
same island, I sensed we were related. I had all the connecting links
in my file.

Patricia
Las Vegas, Nevada