Yes, I am researching the Mattos family form Sao Jorge.

My Great Grandmother was Mary Mattos (Borba) from Sao Jorge.  He daughter,
Rose (Soares) Coehlo told me Mary had 7 brothers and 3 sisters.  Four
brothers came to the USA and 3 stayed in Sao Jorge.  The brothers who came
here were:  Frank, Tony, John (who started the Festa in Gustine) and one
other who's name I don't have right now - possibly George.

In Sao Jorge, there were maybe two brother with the same first name of
Manual with two different initials she thought.  The third brother was
Theodore Matos who was a Professor.  I also have a note of Professor in
Calhetta?.  Anyhow, one brother was disabled of sort with a huntched back -
they said from an accident playing a game like leap frog.  He was the
Professor and when to Lisbon.  He also married a Professor and I believe
they have a son who's a Professor or possible the brother who's the
professor is still alive.  I received an email from a list person saying
that they knew this Professor, so maybe he's still alive.

Another brother was a police chief in Sao Jorge.

Back to the USA - My Great-Grandmother's brothers were also Tony and George
possibly of Gustine. Tony we believe had 6 boys and 1 girl.  Then I have
notes of someone called "Peanuts" - meaning one of the brothers.

Other notes indicated:  Three brothers married 3 sisters.  Clarence, Jack
and Tony.  Now these could be children of Mary's brothers I don't know.  I
do know that Clarence lived in West Sacramento and was close to my
Grandfather Lawrence.

Hopefully some of this information may be of assistance.  I have not had the
chance to research any of this information.  Several weeks ago we went to
Newman and then stopped in Turlock and visited with Aunt Rose.  This is
where I obtained all this information, but have yet to research any of it or
input it into Ancestry yet.

Let me know what you think.
Thank you,

. Robin Borba Besotes .

Researching:  Bettencourt, Borba, Barbe, Da Rosa, Jacinto, Rodrigues, Mattos
California Towns:  Newman, Turlock, Crowslanding, San Jose, San Juan, Tres
Penos, Hollister, Watsonville, Pacific Grove