Hi Maria,
I would be most grateful if you could talk to your daughter in law for
me.

 Also I noticed in one of your previous postings that you had
ancestors who went to the N.S.W. goldfields in Australia. My
G.Grandfather  Jose Andrade Macedo also went to the N.S.W. goldfields
after visiting relatives in Brazil. I don't know exactly when, but I
could probably find out. He then went to New Zealand and after that to
Argentina. He left a son in N.Z. (my grandfather) but took his
granddaughter to Argentina along with his daughters. It is this family
in Argentina that I am going to visit, before going on to Rio.
At least some of the realitives in Brazil were from the Azores ( at
least one from Pico that I know of ) and some from Sao Miguel and a
descendant was Francisco Pereira Macedo 1806-1888, 1st Viscount of
Serro Formosa. His daughter was Maria Jose De Macedo Couto 1822 -1889
(from Sao Miguel I think). Maria married Joao Evangelista de Negreiros
Sayao Lobato, Viscount Sabara.
Their son was Francisco de Paulo Negrois Sayao Lobato, Cheif Justice
of Brazil. There is very little else I know, Does any of this tie in
with your daughter in law?.
Another ancestor is Nicolau Pereira do Campos Verugiro, died 1859, who
was born in Macedo de Cavaleiros in Portugal
and became a Brazilian senator.

Christine