Rosemarie, Thank you for providing this information.

My Great-Great Grandmother, Luisa Jacinto, I'm told was born in Flores
1847  to Joao (or Juan) Jacinto and Mariana J.Rodriquez (1810).  Any
suggestions on how I should go about confirming this information and what
village she was from?  Shall I go thru the CCA site (which I don't read
Portuguese) or is there another source?

Luisa lived in Boston for an unknown time before coming to California.
She passed  in 1879 away after giving birth to twins in San Benito County
-unknown where she's burried.  Married to Daniel Francisco da Rosa.

Thank you,
Robin Borba Besotes