Repost for Karen khufflady at charter dot net:

<<I wish I was to the point where I was confident enough to post something.
just don't have much to go on yet. I'm hoping to get a response from a
relative that can at least give me some dates and villages. I just have a
couple of surnames so far to follow. Cabral, Costa, Silva, still not sure on
the story with my own surname of Medeiros. That is only 2 generations ago.
All I have gathered so far is my grandfather (Evaristo Rodrigues Medeiros)
arrived in Boston on Feb 15, 1921 aboard the Caponic he was 22. He traveled
alone. He lists his dad as Antonio RR Medeiros of Sao Miguel. My grandmother
Mary Santos arrived here September 12, 1912 aboard the Madonna when she was
5. The manifest lists her as Costa. She was traveling with her aunt and
uncle Matthew and Gertrudes Costa. She was born on Terceira. She met and
married my grandfather on October 25, 1924 in New Bedford at Mount Carmel
Church. I can trace them through the end of their lives no problem. My
problem is before they came here. Relatives before them only a few clues. My
dad isn't even sure. Until I get more that is the reason I am quiet. Like
the others I read everything hoping I might be able to use something or
recognize something. I didn't want anyone to get annoyed with me chatting on
trivial info. I enjoy reading others accomplishments and snags. I don't feel
so alone!!>>