Hello,

I'm new to this group.  I'm so excited to have just found out that my
family is from the Azores :)  I watched a show recently about Azorean
people and wished that I was Azorean and now I found out that I
am!!!

My mom told me that my family's old farm/winery was sold in about the
1950's and now is a golf course on the island.  I did some research
and Furnas Golf course was built in the 30's so it can't be that one.
It has to be Batalha Golf course.  It was built in the 1990's but it
was Verde Golf before that, I think.  I e mailed the person who
designed the new golf course and he told me that it was government
owned at one point.  I would love to confirm one way or the other.

My sister's ex father-in-law knew my grandfather (Antone Branco -- see
below) in the Azores and said that his family was wealthy with
servants and all.  I was surprised by that b/c he was such a simple
man.

Here's some info.....Antone C. BRANCO dob - 10/10/1919.  He may have
been born in Portsmouth, RI while his mom was visiting from St.
Michael.  He lived in St. Michael and came back to the states and
lived in New Bedford, Ma and Fairhaven, Ma.  He died on 11/24/1986.
He married Alice PIMENTAL (date unknown).  Apparently, they were
second cousins.  Alice's dob is 2/22/1920; dod is 7/9/1998 (some
databases list it as 7/10/1998).  Alice had at least 2 brothers named
Manuel and Gilbert PIMENTAL.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].  Follow the confirmation directions when 
they arrive.
For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail 
(vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to