From: Donna Olovson <don...@mac.com>
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:32:08 PM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: BRICK WALL Brio

Hi Marek,

The Siskiyou County Library Home page has a link to Obituary index.  There is
an obit in the Siskiyou News 6/10/1915 for Amelia Francis.  Perhaps you could
contact them, or request a copy from SKS on Siskiyou Message Board

Siskiyou County Library; 719 4th St. Yreka, California 96097      (530)
841-4175 -- siskiyoulibr...@snowcrest.net.
Siskiyou County has many good genealogical resources, and the county office
staff is very helpful.

The Siskiyou Pioneer and Yearbook, a publication of the Siskiyou County
Historical Society has a Hawkinsville Edition, 2004.  In it a paragraph
describes the 1905 Great Feast of the Holy Ghost.  A Flower Girl in the
procession is an Olivia Francis.   In 1919, Frank Francis is on the committee
of the I.D.E.S. sponsored celebration.  I understand the Penecost celebration
continues today in Hawkinsville.  Good luck with your search.

Donna O

   My great great grandfather was Joseph Francis Brio,  more likely, Jose
Francisco, last name could be spelled Brejo. I have also seen his last name as
Braio.  He was born on Flores, Azore Islands 1835.  Came to America in 1854,
was granted citizenship papers in Boston, Mass on April 24, 1854.  He married a
woman named Amelia, nothing else known about her.  I have heard her maiden name
could have been Brio, and Joseph's surname could have been Francis. They
ended-up in Yreka, Siskiyou County CA. Both are buried at St. Joseph Catholic
Cemetery in Yreka, CA.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

   Also...I was reading the census from Yreka, Siskiyou county, CA.  And it
states someone was born in Ireland...help appreciated!!