Hi everyone,
i was wondering if someone could recommend a few books on Genealogy
from Flores Island.  I was born there but grew up in canada. my
genealogy as far as i know is firmly from Flores, and i don't have
access to many records. My fathers family is from the Mosteiro area
and my mothers family from Lages das Flores and Fazenda das Flores. i
can only go back three generations and some of that is missing. i want
to start with the strongest line i have and that's my mothers maternal
side. If anyone has any conecting info or leads or book titles and
authors would be greatly appreciated. So here's the information.

My Grandmother:
Cecilia Vieira Mendonca
B: July 29, 1937, Fazenda das Lages
D: October 23, 1987, Lages das Flores