A very good friend shared this with me and I am sharing with you. Much of my family came from mainland Portugal, and I know others on this list also have family from mainland Portugal. This is going to be a wonderful resource for us.

"Vital records on the web put out by the Portuguese Archives. The whole thing is being done with the help of the Genealogical Society of Utah. I guess they are helping with the finance of this undertaking and the Portuguese Archives are putting their scanned vital records on the web. Check etombo - http://etombo.com/root/portugal.html - The Archives of Porto have the lead with about 20,908 images available." My Victors married in Porto according to baptism records but I have yet to find their marriage record.....story of my life!

Have fun searching....and don't forget to get some sleep.....and thank you, my friend, for sharing.

"E"