Hi Linda,

Easier and better may depend on your definition of the words and your
computer knowledge and how comfortable you are with learning new genealogy
programs.

Legacy is fairly easy to operate right out of the box (or download).  It
does have a lot of bells and whistles that will take a little bit of
learning to use them all.

I haven't tried RootsMagic yet.  I won a copy of it.  I know Mel Lassalle
uses it.  There may be others on this list too and they can tell you about
it.

I don't know anything much about Family Tree Legends, but I heard it wasn't
that good.

The Master Genealogist takes a bit of computer knowledge to use (basic mode
isn't bad though).  It's considered to be one of the most powerful genealogy
programs out there.

All genealogy programs make Gedcoms and you can enter birth, marriage,
death, and burial info in all of them.  They start to vary with multimedia,
charts, reports, and books.  If you're thinking of switching, google each
one and download their demos to see which ones seem easier and better to
you.

Achada