Lisa,

I have a large file of Lagoa families.

If I understand correctly this is your Great Grandfather Francisco Raposo also
named as Galante?  He Married Maria do Rosario;

Can you give a little more details such as his birthdate, did he marry in
Lagoa?

Are your Cabral and Botelho also from Lagoa?

Maria Moore

Hello,
>From what I can find my rapoza's wife was Mary or Maria Dos Rosario. My great
>grandfather, Francisco Rapoza, has listed on his ssdi as his mother's last
>name as Galante. But I found her passport on the BYU site along with my
>Joao Rapoza as Dos Rosario. They immigrated from Lagoa in 1883 to Hawaii.I am
>truely not sure what her last name was....
Oh wait, maybe this will help.
My Uncle once told me that Joao was apparently very cruel especially to
animals, and Maria was raising some horses or involved in horses in Hawaii, and
Joao was murdered by a fellow farm or ranch hand for beating a horse. sometime
between 1909 and 1915 In Hawaii.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.I Could give you the names of my
Cabrals Botelhos etc if you wish.
Thank you,

Lisa L